Chủ Nhật, 27 tháng 4, 2014

Acer C710-2834 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Iron Gray)

Stay online with the Acer C7 Chromebook's convenient and reliable wireless. With your Chromebook, you can even get online at 10,000 feet with 12 free in-air Internet passes.


Here are what you get when spending $228.44:

11.6" HD Widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit Display
Intel® Celeron® Processor 1007U(1.5GHz, 2MB L3 cache)
Google Chrome Operating System
16GB SSD Drive
2GB DDR3 Memory
Intel® HD Graphicswith 128MB of dedicated system memory
802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
Built-in HD Webcam
Two built-in stereo speakers
3- USB 2.0 Ports
1- HDMI™ Port
Full-size Acer FineTip Keyboard
Multi-Gesture Touchpad
4-cell Li-ion Battery
3.05 lbs.| 1.38 kg(system unit only)

The Acer C7 Chromebook's 11.6" HD screen energizes your videos, pictures and web content. Crisp resolution brings family closer during video chats, and the HD webcam presents you at your best, too. Images are crystal clear on HD devices like monitors, projectors and TVs via the HMDI® port, and connect as you please with 3 USB ports plus VGA. Work from your favorite coffee shop, browse the Web at the airport or wherever you are with up to 4 hours of cord-free battery life, you can get more done in your day. The Chromebook is packed with some cool features like a built-in virus protection, the lack of requirement to keep track of updates, the fact that it starts up in seconds, the automatic backups and the popular Google products like Search, Gmail, Talk, YouTube & the 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years. In addition to the aforementioned features, an HDMI port, 3 USB 2.0 ports, an HD webcam, a 16GB SSD Drive and Intel HD Graphics with 128MB of dedicated system memory together make an unexpectedly great impression at an extremely low price. The C710-2834 is super light at 3 pounds, extremely sleek at 1.07 inches and runs extremely quiet. The apps available on the Google store are free. It doesn’t burn up like most laptops, has a soft-touch full sized Acer FineTip Keyboard and a button-less multi-gesture touchpad.


The Google Chrome Operating System may be mentioned as a pro, but it is important to realise its limitations. Plus, it may have an HD camera, but you can’t Skype. And you may not want to switch to Google Hangouts. It also doesn’t support MS Office, instead you are offered Google Documents. In order issues, the built-in stereo speakers have a weak and tiny sound. You have to use not one, but two fingers to right-click on the multi-gesture touchpad. The Acer C710-2834 Chromebook may be iron gray on the outside but it is molten on the inside. It may be an ultraportable meant for basic tasks, but ultimately, this entry-level laptop is just a ‘glorified tablet’. And the biggest argument to support this claim is the fact that it requires a wireless connection to run or you can’t use it at all. Otherwise, it is fast, light, user-friendly & good for internet browsing, emailing and homework.

Let's read some users talk about their machine, very detailed.

"I only purchased this a week ago, but I find this an amazing piece of machinery. I am astounded how fast the internet is on this and I like Google Chrome. I switched over from IE because I was getting tired of the constant error messages and having it close all the time. I'm glad I did, it's easier to use and very stable. I have an Acer Netbook from two years ago that is great, but slowing down even with 2 GB of Ram. I decided to use that as my "Windows" laptop and use this Chromebook for web-surfing. I even use the trackpad because it is the best I have ever used. It works perfectly, and I have come across some really bad trackpads in my day. I know that this is not for everyone but if you have a main desktop or laptop and want a supplemental computer for really fast web-surfing, this is the way to go. You won't be disappointed."


"I bought this as a side machine to be an in-between for my heavy IBM laptop, and my iOS iPad. I have always loved the Chrome browser (have used since day 1,) so this seemed a logical choice. And the fact that I could play my facebook Flash games on it (can't do that on ipad!) I got this from a groupon, so I didn't pay $200 for it. But after having it a week, I would have. It is a great toy.

Pros:

- Super lightweight

- The apps for it are free!

- Super super quiet

- Doesn't burn my lap like my laptop does (runs very cool.)

- Has a nice soft-touch keyboard

- Has a great trackpad which doesn't have breakable keys on it

- Has a hi-def screen

- Plays flash animations

- Can connect to my iCloud, Google drive, and Amazon kindle library (with free app downloads.)

- Saves documents, etc. to Google cloud drive so I can grab them on my normal computer as well

- Has memory card reader and USB ports

- Has a camera for web chatting

Cons:

- Battery life averages about an hour, which can be a hassle

- Some newer flash items won't load and it says the flash player is outdated, but Chrome insists it's up-to-date and you can't manually update it

- Can't use the machine unless you're on the Internet via wifi or LAN

- You have to tap with two fingers on the trackpad to do a mouse right-click

- Sound isn't fantastic

- Has camera but can't Skype. My family doesn't use Google Hangouts to chat

- There are great apps, but not as many as I'd hoped. I'm sure this will change in time.

Honestly, the cons may seem big but they're far outweighed by the awesomeness of the pros. Especially Flash. As an iPhone and iPad user, I have missed flash greatly on my portables. This is a great feature and was really the selling point (and the price.)"

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét